Roasted Pumpkin Soup


I started this post off by editing video of our Picnic in Prater last weekend. It was supposed to be an ode to the Indian Summer. Then it started raining, and I had to swap my sandals for boots... So I made pumpkin soup instead, which really isn't the worst day way to spend a rainy afternoon.

I make variations of this soup, sometimes with Thai curry paste and coconut milk and sometimes with butter and lots of thyme.


  • 1 medium pumpkin (I use Hokkaido) cut into slices
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 8 garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Lay the pumpkin slices together with the garlic cloves (whole with the skin on) on a baking tray and drizzle witht the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place them in a 200°C degree oven for around 35 minutes until they are soft and browned. Remove from the oven and squeeze the roasted garlic into a pan, along with the pumpkin. Top with 1L hot water (or stock if you prefer). Using a blender or hand mixer, liquidise in batches until completely smooth. Add the cumin and cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Enjoy while searching online for the perfect fall coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment