Cooking the Internet #1 | Tomato Tartin

Although I love my cookbooks, more often than not I end up searching the web for new recipes. This is an attempt to document the process and excellent motivation for me to try new dishes.

The first in this series comes from Design*Sponge via a new-to-me duo called Whip + Click. I stumbled across this recipe at just the right time, with the nearly 2 kilos of tomatoes from my mother-in-law’s garden calling out to be used for something other than a tomato sauce. While this tart definitely made a nice dent in the supply, I’m looking forward to having beefsteak tomato and chedder sandwiches (my favourite!) for lunch for the next few days. The tart has the added bonus of helping me to slowly conquer my fear of pastry crust. This one turned out gorgeously, and paired with near-melting tomatoes that benefit from nearly an hour in the oven the only downside is that our tomato season is drawing to a close… Get the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment