Link Love 10.11.2013


If there's just one thing you watch this weekend and it's this interview with James Murphy, talking about failure, and how many tries it took him to get where he is today. I love this quote, and think it's something that's so relateable for so many people. I was always someone who found school and uni fairly easy, so landing in the "real world" and having to motivate myself to do more than just coast by was always (and sometimes still is) so hard…
"I was lazy. But ‘lazy’ never felt right when I heard that, when I said that to myself. ‘Oh, you’re lazy.’ It wasn’t that I was lazy, I was just really afraid. I was really afraid of failing. All my life I had been precocious and I was supposed to be smart and I was supposed to be creative. And I think hearing those things, makes you scared that you’re going to do something stupid or do something uninteresting and no one will see you as smart or creative anymore."
I was going to post a few other links, but actually, just watch that. And enjoy the weekend... I'm planning on hitting up an art fair and attempting to reupholster a chair for the kitchen. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment